I was on the prowl for a tasty soup/stew I could make in the crockpot that we haven't had before. My father-in-law and brother-in-law were over working on Russell's car and I had cub scouts to do. I needed something that I could make during the day and leave for a few hours to simmer. I've seen this recipe several times on recipezaar's Aussie/NZ recipe swap and the pictures people took were so outstanding! The chef is Seasoned Cook from Eastern North Carolina.
Just before we served this tasty soup.
Christopher said this soup was Amazing! Michael took it to school for lunch the next day.
Lasagna Soup
1 1/2 lbs ground beef
1 onion, chopped
28 oz chicken broth (I used my homecanned chicken broth)
28 oz diced tomatoes (I used my homecanned tomatoes)
15 oz tomato sauce (I ran a pint jar of tomatoes through the blender to make sauce)
2 tsp Italian seasoning
1 tsp worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp brown sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese (I only had the non-grated kind)
1 1/2 cups lasagna noodles, broken (I used the kind that don't have to cook first)
2 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
In large 5 qt saucepan - brown meat and onion. Drain. Put in 5-6 quart crockpot. Add remaining ingredients except lasagna noodles and mozzarella cheese. Two hours before serving add broken lasagna noodles. Ladle into bowls and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. We loved this with garlic bread.
**This makes awesome leftovers! I bet it would freeze well too. There wasn't any left to find out.

3 comments:
I am always looking for soups to make AND uses for my crock pot! This is perfect - thank you, Candace!
Love,
Michelle
you're officially a meanie :-) this looks so good. i want. now! i've kept it for when food actually tastes ok - so give me a week and i'll surely be whipping up a batch; meanwhile, if you'd like one or two easy potato based soup let me know. one i like a lot but haven't worked on enough to love. the other i just adore. thanks so much for this! my crockpot thanks you too. (it's been a week since it's been off the counter. it's happy.) hugs...ellie
This soup was hit at our house last night! There were only enough leftovers for maybe two bowls for lunch today! Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment